We’re Almost There!
May 16 • 2016
As race day nears, you can almost feel the excitement—and even butterflies, maybe? Hopefully, you’ve been training or running regularly so you feel confident and ready. Even with dedicated efforts, a few practical suggestions may help you go the extra mile on race day.
- Scale down your workout during race week. Consider a few short runs or more walking. This isn’t the week to set a grueling new goal.
- Get plenty of rest the night before the race.
- Eat two hours before race time.
- Plan to arrive early on race day.
- Be sure to stretch and warm up as usual.
Most importantly, when the bell or whistle sounds, enjoy your time on the pavement!